Our Congressmembers, State reps, and Councilmembers are all on the same page as local seniors and neighborhood transit advocates: the MTA’s planned service cuts along the M14A and M14D bus lines are a big mistake.
After weeks of protests, the MTA presented local stakeholders with a new plan that preserves an additional stop on Grand Street, but we are still pushing for more, and our elected representatives are on our side.
This letter was sent Wednesday to NYC Transit and NYC DOT, signed by:
- Congressmember Carolyn Maloney
- Congressmember Nydia Velázquez
- State Senator Brian Kavanagh
- State Senator Brad Hoylman
- Assemblymember Yuh-Line Niou
- Assemblymember Harvey Epstein
- Councilmember Carlina Rivera
- Councilmember Margaret Chin
- Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
In it, they call for keeping all stops along Grand Street, including the stop at Cherry and Jackson which services residents of Vladeck Houses. They also point out that traffic along Grand Street still needs to be addressed if bus speeds are really a priority for DOT.