Skip to content
- On December 20, 2021 the membership of the Grand Street Democrats voted to sign on as members of the Coalition for a 100% Affordable 5WTC to build a fully affordable residential building with a preference for 9/11 survivors, first responders and their families who currently reside across New York State.
- On December 20, 2021 the membership of the Grand Street Democrats voted to sign on as supporters of the THE PLAN, a community-led rezoning plan that protects the Chinatown & Lower East Side neighborhoods from over-development and displacement by setting rules on how land can be used. The Chinatown Working Group Plan:
- limits the height of new buildings
- requires all housing built on NYCHA land be affordable to low-income residents
- requires significantly more housing to be truly affordable to the community by using the local income level to determine the rent of new units
- limits the number of hotels that can be built in the area