Grace is a mother of three children, a small business owner, and a first-generation Asian-American proud to call Lower Manhattan her home for nearly 15 years. She is the co-founder of Children First, a parent-led activist group fighting for the safe cleanup of a toxic site located across from two elementary schools in the South Street Seaport.
Grace is a successful political organizer and entrepreneur. Prior to Children First, she was the New York events director for Swing Left, helping flip the House in 2018. She is also the co-founder of Nine Naturals, a toxin-free beauty line for pregnant and new moms.
Grace received her BA from Columbia University and her MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Grace is proud to have the endorsement this year from Downtown Independent Democrats.
As our 65th District representative in Albany, Grace will fight to:
- Fully fund the public school system: Grace will fight for more schools, more classrooms, and more teachers at higher wages.
- Create more affordable housing: Hundreds of thousands of homeless New Yorkers sleep on streets lined with vacant luxury condos; Grace will fight for more affordable housing, NYCHA funding, and a real pathway to homeownership.
- Expand environmental justice: Grace is running to protect our children, our seniors, and ourselves from overaggressive developers and corporations that exploit our health for profit.
- Advance climate change resiliency: Grace lived through Superstorm Sandy and knows the consequences of not being prepared. She will take immediate, decisive action by plowing through the red tape and holding bureaucrats accountable.
- Clean up campaign finance: Grace is committed to campaign finance reform. She is the only candidate in this race who has not taken money from developers.
- Combat anti-Semitism: Grace will always stand up on the front lines against anti-Semitism and all forms of discrimination.
Grand Street Dems asked each 2020 candidate to submit a statement ahead of our endorsement meeting on Sunday, February 2.
One Reply to “Grace Lee, Candidate for State Assembly (AD 65)”
Comments are closed.