There are two open seats this year for Manhattan Civil Court (county-wide) and two more open seats for Civil Court Judicial District 2 (where we live), with a number of candidates who were rated “most highly qualified” by the New York County Independent Judicial Screening Panel for Civil Court Judges on Feb. 8.
On Saturday we will have a chance to hear from all these candidates, and then will vote at our general meeting Tuesday whether to make any endorsements for these seats.
Manhattan Civil Court Candidate Forum
Saturday, February 20, 2:00 – 3:30 pm
Zoom link: tinyurl.com/civilCourtForum
Thank you to Downtown Independent Democrats for putting this forum together for all of us.
Candidates for Civil Court Judge County-wide
- E. Deronn Bowen
- Kim Parker – VID Candidate Questionnaire
- Jeffrey Zellan – VID Candidate Questionnaire
Candidates for Civil Court Judicial District 2
- Harold Bahr
- Christopher Chin – VID Candidate Questionnaire
- Edward Irizarry – VID Candidate Questionnaire
- Betty Lugo
- Terence McCormick
- George Santana – VID Candidate Questionnaire